Wool Cashmere Coat: Jaeger
Striped Embroidered Top: Maison Laiche via Smallable
Pink Scarf: H&M
Raw Hem Straight Jeans: Topshop
Lace Up Trainers: Topshop
Long time no see, did you miss me? These past two weeks have been full on to say the least - let's just say everything goes to pot when my husband goes away skiing for a week, think a trip to a&e, matching mother daughter viral infections and minimal afternoon naps making one knackered me so I'm sure you can forgive my absence. It's not been all high temperatures, coughs and snot though as my mum, Sadie and I managed a rather luxurious stay over at Rudding Park in Harrogate which naturally included a spot of shopping, well I am my mothers daughter all. 

If you saw my stepping out of a style rut post you'll know I've been looking to add a blue blazer into the mix so I couldn't have tried this on quicker in Jaeger. Traditionally seen as a brand with a more mature customer base Jaeger have recently collaborated with some of my favourite bloggers to show their well made pieces to a new audience, much to my wardrobes gain. This wool cashmere tailored coat is as soft as our new puppy and made for those days where it's too cool to throw on a real blazer but you want to dress up those casual Sunday vibes outfits which is exactly what I've done here. For a brunch date with friends I attempted to disguise eye bags with stripes with a classic Maison Labiche breton, it may just be embroidered but more about that on my Insta. The real star of the show here though is one of the best pairs of jeans I've found in a long while, so much so I'm on the verge of ordering another colour or even the same shade again just so I have a back up pair and I'm never that sensible. Introducing the raw hem straight jean from Topshop - these fit true to size like a traditional jean with minimal stretch and have that wonderful mid rise straight cut that I'm forever searching for. With my ankles out I attempted to balance the skin exposure scales with my faithful pink scarf bringing a pop of pink to proceedings.

With over a week at home in the bag I can promise a few new items will be gracing the pages of Cagney and Lace so keep your fashion adoring eyes peeled. Time away from the blog has also got me thinking about a bit of a rebrand and maybe even a new name that represents me a little bit more, you might even have seen my poll on Twitter. I'd love to hear your thoughts?