I may still be clinging to my Merry & Bright mug as though someone's going to take it away but it's safe to say Christmas is well and truly over. While the break feels like a lifetime ago one memory that stands out and feels like only yesterday is our family trip to Disney On Ice*. I've been incredibly lucky whilst blogging to go to some cool events but there's nothing quite like receiving an invite that you can enjoy with the family - I may have done a little scream when I found out the show was Frozen and obviously broke into Do You Want To Build A Snowman, who wouldn't?



While excitement levels were high in the Wild household I did have a teeny feeling of apprehension as I wondered how an almost eighteen month old Sadie would sit for two plus hours but I needn't have worried. Arriving at the Arena we were shown into a VIP lounge where there was seating galore plus child friendly snacks and drinks as well as many other families with their mini Elsas, Olafs and Annas in tow. As a seasoned Arena go-er I've always wondered what the VIP lounge was all about and whether it warranted the extra money but having experienced it myself I'd definitely pay the additional ticket price, especially for an event with Sadie as the whole queuing for drinks/toilets/food stress is taken away. I can imagine it would also be perfect for children who've been at school all day as they can have some all important downtime before the show begins.


With tummies full to the brim the icing on the cake was just on the horizon with a surprise meet and greet with Elsa and Anna themselves, at this point Craig and I did wonder how this would go down with Sadie especially as she'd already expressed a distaste for reindeers and Father Christmas however female Frozen characters is clearly where it's at (although you wouldn't have guessed it from her expression in this picture). With show time fast approaching we headed out into the concourse to take our seats, ready for the magic to begin. As the lights dipped and the characters took to the stage Sadie began to wave, laugh and act like a yoyo sitting on my lap one moment, jumping down the next and staring at a little girls twirling Disney light behind us. That said I was pretty impressed with my daughters attention span and thrilled that we got to watch three quarters of the incredibly enchanting and magical Frozen show before calling it a night. A real highlight for me was seeing all the classic Disney characters in the shows opening scene, it brought back a whole host of childhood memories which shows Disney On Ice is perfect for all ages, not just for children. 

Disney On Ice will be returning to Sheffield Arena on the 15th-19th November 2017.

*I was a guest of Sheffield Arena, all Disney loving thoughts my own.
My Petit Canard